The world’s first patented health technology to help to fight certain viral infections – naturally
Viruses are microscopic infectious organisms that can only thrive and multiply after getting inside the cells of another living being. Humans are particularly susceptible to viral infections, because generally low vitamin levels weaken our ‘body barriers’ (skin, lung, intestine, etc.) against viral entry and our immune system in fighting and eliminating these intruders.
Thus, it comes as no surprise that the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) is essentially a human-specific pandemic. Animals can get infected, but they do not fall seriously ill or die from this infection in pandemic proportions.
From the very onset of the pandemic, the research at the Dr. Rath Research Institute did not focus on developing vaccines against one or the other mutation of the coronavirus.
Instead, the research team took a fundamentally different and much broader approach, based on the following scientific analysis:
1. All coronaviruses use the same molecular ‘doorway’ (ACE2 receptor) to enter the cells of the lung and other organs to infect the human body.
2. Any therapy that significantly lowers these viral entry ports – by decreasing the production/ expression of these ACE2 receptors in our body – must lead to a significant protection against COVID19 infections.
3. Since all mutations of the coronavirus use this very same cell entry, such an approach would also signify a major step towards effective prevention of all future mutations of the coronavirus – a precondition to end the COVID19 pandemic.
4. Completely blocking these ‘doors’, e.g. with a vaccine/antibody strategy directed against the ACE2 receptors, could lead to severe health problems, since a minimum level of these receptors is essential for health.
5. Understanding how these cellular entry ports can be decreased to a desirable minimum by natural means is a key step towards developing effective public health strategies that can help to prevent infections with current coronaviruses – as well as future, as yet unknown mutations.
Black Tea Extract
The Dr. Rath Research Institute investigated a multitude of combinations of vitamins and other micronutrients for their best efficacy to inhibit not just the first steps of infection, the entry of the coronavirus into human cells, but all key mechanisms of coronavirus infections.
The research results formed the basis of the patented technology to help to fight various mutations of coronavirus infections naturally. The infection mechanisms inhibited by the patented micronutrient combination included (see graph):
1. Inhibition of the binding of the coronavirus to human lung and blood vessel cells.
2. Inhibition of coronavirus entry into human body cells.
3. Inhibition of all key enzymes required for the coronavirus to multiply inside human cells.
4. Inhibition of multiplied coronaviruses leaving the cells.
In addition, the patented micronutrient combination is able to inhibit the dangerous ‘cytokine storm’ associated with the infection, which causes inflammation and organ damage.
This micronutrient combination has been successfully tested to be effective against all known variants/mutations of the coronavirus, including the original (Wuhan) variant as well as Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Kappa and Omega variants.
Since all coronavirus variants use the same mechanism to infect human cells and the same enzymes to multiply inside these cells, this tested micronutrient combination is likely also to help to prevent infections with future, yet unknown, variants of the coronavirus.
Patent claims allowed (excerpt):
‘A micronutrient composition to treat a SARSCoV2 virus infection by inhibiting attachment to a cognate receptor, cellular entry, replication and cellular egress of the SARSCoV2 virus in a mammal’ — that includes human beings.
Nobel Prize‐winner‐supported research paves the way to preventive health care
The Dr. Rath Research Institute is a world leader in science-based natural health. Three decades ago, Dr. Matthias Rath – together with two-time Nobel Laureate Dr. Linus Pauling (†1994) – was already publishing groundbreaking discoveries on the importance of vitamins in fighting cardiovascular diseases.
Over the ensuing decades, the Institute’s research team, under the leadership of Dr. Aleksandra Niedzwiecki, has extended this lifesaving research to comprise natural prevention of cancer, diabetes, viral and bacterial infections and many other diseases.
The approval of this preventive health research by patent offices around the world provides the scientific basis for effective preventive health strategies globally. Patients, therapists, governments and, above all, millions of people now have effective, safe, natural health approaches available to help to prevent widespread diseases.
The Dr. Rath organization operates under a non-profit roof and all profits are used to promote further independent research and education in natural health.
This page provides health research established in connection with natural disease prevention. For patients, we recommend to see a therapist or trained consultant to determine your individual health needs.
Science‐based natural health is the basis of modern, preventive health care. The time to build it is now!’
Dr. Matthias Rath
What this patent means
This specific health technology is
- recognized by a government agency,
- novel and has not existed before,
- unique and not available anywhere else,
- protected and cannot be imitated.
What is the difference from a pharmaceutical drug patent
|Pharmaceutical investment business
|Natural health community
|Purpose of patents
|Legal tools to secure
return on investment
for your health
of diseases as
health care costs
|Less diseases = lower
health care costs
A prime resource for scientific publications in medicine is pubmed.gov, an online library maintained by the US National Institutes of Health.
A search with the terms
- COVID + vitamin listed 1,759 scientific publications;
- COVID + Polyphenol, a group of bioactive plant ingredients used in our patented formula, listed 108 substantiating results.
These lists of scientific publications about the health benefits of micronutrients in connection with COVID have been growing exponentially.
It is noteworthy, however, that most of these scientific publications have been investigating individual micronutrients for one or the other effect in relation to the coronavirus.
In contrast, our research team was
1. First to systematically test a multitude of micronutrient combinations in order to establish their synergetic biological effects of inhibiting coronavirus infectivity.
2. First to evaluate the biological efficacy of these combinations not just on viral binding (such as vaccines) but on the inhibition of all key pathways of viral infectivity, including
- viral internalization (cellular uptake),
- viral replication (multiplication inside human cells)
- viral egress (cellular exit of newly formed viruses)
For details please see experiments described in the US patent.
3. And first to file for patents for this important health technology.
For the record, here are the links to the scientific publications of our own research institute on this topic in peer-reviewed journals:
- Composition of naturally occurring compounds decreases activity of Omicron and SARS-CoV-2
- Inhibitory effect of specific combination of natural compounds against SARS-CoV-2 and its variants
- Simultaneous inhibition of SARS-CoV-2 infectivity by a specific combination of plant-derived compounds
- Phenolic compounds disrupt infection process of coronavirus
- Inhibition of ACE2 expression by vitamin C alone and in combination with other natural compounds